Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pearl Harbor, a Conspiracy?





          So i was doing some research on all the things that make people think that pearl harbor was all a conspiracy that was originated at the top; FDR. There was some really interesting things that made it sound pretty convincing. For instance, it said that the oil embargo with Japan was on purpose because they knew it would make the Japanese angry. Also there was a coded message intercepted by the navy the day before the attack that they gave to FDR. It basically was a secret declaration of war of Japan on the US. After reading it, FDR did nothing about it. There was another message that said pretty much the same thing that Washington denied the existance of. Also three days before attack, Australian intelligence saw a fleet of Japanese aircraft carriers headed towards Hawaii. FDR was informed but he said it was just a rumor started by republicans. So my question is, why would FDR ignore the evidence? Because he wanted war but didn't want to start it? That sure gives him an excuse to start a war. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not saying I agree with either side that it was a conspiracy or not, but I could see both sides. No one likes a president who starts a war, but if we were attacked first, then it is seen as a necessary reaction. FDR could have just waited for the attack so we could join the war, and that way not be criticized by a lot of people.
    On the other hand though, maybe the government just didn't take the knowledge of the attack seriously enough. Japan didn't seem like much of a threat. And really, the U.S. was and still is a superpower. Why would Japan want to mess with us?
    I'm not sure what is true though. I could just see evidence for either side.

    ReplyDelete