I really enjoyed our field trip to the holocaust museum. All of the things that we got to see were really interesting. The model of the ghetto that showed how cramped all the people were was ridiculous. Also the case with the two shoes and the bowl really made me think about how those things actually belonged to someone that died. But I'd say my favorite was the art section. More specifically the picture with the glasses (above). I especially liked this one because of the way our guide explained it. She said that the holocaust took all of these innocent people and took away their identities. All they had was the number tattooed on their arm. So i was thinking about this piece the rest of the time. Those were someones glasses, but because of the holocaust they are no longer a person; just a number. The glasses remain, but not the person behind them.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Holocaust Museum
I really enjoyed our field trip to the holocaust museum. All of the things that we got to see were really interesting. The model of the ghetto that showed how cramped all the people were was ridiculous. Also the case with the two shoes and the bowl really made me think about how those things actually belonged to someone that died. But I'd say my favorite was the art section. More specifically the picture with the glasses (above). I especially liked this one because of the way our guide explained it. She said that the holocaust took all of these innocent people and took away their identities. All they had was the number tattooed on their arm. So i was thinking about this piece the rest of the time. Those were someones glasses, but because of the holocaust they are no longer a person; just a number. The glasses remain, but not the person behind them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
one thing that i will never forget is the train car, it smelled really bad and it was very unpleasent
ReplyDelete